For Immediate Release:
Theodore (Ted) M. Thonus
Owner – Cottonwood Communications, LLC
Theodore M. Thonus, Owner, Cottonwood Communications, LLC Nominated for his Leadership and Vision at the 2011 CSIA Apex Awards
Ted Thonus, Owner at Cottonwood Communications, LLC has shown outstanding work and dedication in 2011 which leads to recognition in the 10th annual CSIA Apex Awards.
Denver, Colorado – 6/21/2011 – Theodore M. Thonus, Owner, Cottonwood Communications, LLC is announced today as a nominee for the 2011 Apex Awards, the prestigious technology awards recognizing outstanding accomplishments and leadership by Colorado’s technology companies and professionals. The winners and finalists will be announced live Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at The Robert and Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts at the University of Denver.
Since the program’s inception in 2000, CSIA’s Apex Awards have been awarded to well-deserved technology companies and executives who lead these amazing companies. Presented in five categories for companies and five categories for professionals, the awards recognize success, innovation, vision, leadership, excellent customer support and community contributions.
“I’m honored to be named a nominee for these prestigious awards that recognize technology professional and their leadership,” said Ted Thonus, Owner, Cottonwood Communications, LLC. “We’re excited by the impact we’re having in the local government, construction and healthcare verticals we focus so hard with. Not only do we support many of our customers with their traditional telecom services, but we’re also helping introduce many of those same customers to the benefits of cloud computing. Cottonwood Communications has many outstanding customers that we’ve supported over the years.”
“Leadership and vision is an important aspect for all companies, especially in the technology industry. It’s important for these humble leaders to be recognized for all their accomplishments,” said Su Hawk, president, CSIA. “Our Apex Awards provide them a once-a-year opportunity to celebrate their success, and generate awareness around their work, which includes Ted Thonus at Cottonwood Communications.”
About Ted Thonus, Owner, Cottonwood Communications, LLC:
Ted Thonus, the owner of Cottonwood Communications has worked in telecom and IT for the last 20 years, and the team at Cottonwood Communications has over 47 years in combined experience in our industry. Cottonwood Communications was founded in 2005. Prior to starting Cottonwood Communications, Mr. Thonus began his career with Allnet Communications in San Diego, CA then returned to Denver to work with ICG and Qwest Communications. He attended the Colorado Rocky Mountain School in Carbondale, CO, and holds a BA in International Affairs from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
CSIA is the leader in uniting and growing Colorado’s information technology industry by providing advocacy, education, business connections, and information, while supporting economic development, unification of technology stakeholders, and larger recognition of the industry and the people involved to develop and promote Colorado’s technology industry. CSIA also works nationally to ensure Colorado’s technology voice is heard, through TECNA, a coalition of technology associations across the United States and Canada, as well as with TechAmerica, the national lobbying organization for federal issues. Since 1994, CSIA has been involved in legislative issues and public policy to represent the information technology industry in Colorado, and has provided a number of annual programs, events and connections to support business success. For more information on CSIA please call (303) 592-4070 or visit www.coloradotechnology.org
As a steering committee member and sponsor for this year’s C-Level Event through CSIA, the Colorado Technology Association, I am excited to post this blog and encourage all of my peers and friends in the Colorado business community to attend this event. This is one of those don’t miss opportunities that will, I believe, be the spark to the Colorado economy for 2011. All details below….
Register Today – C-Level @ A Mile High is this Thursday!
C-Level @ A Mile High is your opportunity to meet and network with more than 900 technology professionals, including more than 65 C-Level “Celebrities.” All you have to do is buy a ticket and join in on the networking all evening with all celebrities and attendees.
And, if you want guaranteed future face-time with one of the 65+ C-Level “Celebrities,” you can bid on them in the silent auction! No other event has this many technology executives and professionals in one place at one time. So, if technology is your space, then this event is the place!
What’s this bidding on “Celebrities?” All the “Celebrities” will be there to networking and meet new people the night of the big event. But, if you want future exclusive time with one or more “Celebrities,” then you can bid on them in the silent auction. The highest bidder (just like eBay), will win the “Celebrity” package, which at the very least is a one-on-one future meeting with the “Celebrity” at his/her location.
Each attendee will be given a personal bidding card, thanks to Holland & Hart. The bidding card makes it easy and fun to bid and check your winning status electronically! *Bidding cards are not payment cards. Payment is due upon close of event in order to receive the package.
In addition, silent auction items, such as golf, sports memorabilia, vacations, wine baskets and restaurant tours will available. Remember, these silent auction items can be used for business by taking clients, partners or prospects. Check out just some of the silent auction items below.
Many “Celebrities” have kicked in lunch, golf, a sporting game and more to the highest bidder of their package! Check out just some of the extra cool “Celebrity” packages.
· 3 in 1 Package!:The person or company who wins the 3 in 1 “Celebrity” package with Jon Cox (VP of IT, High Sierra Energy), Andrew Russell (Exec. Director, Software Development, Comcast) and Philip Winterburn (CIO, Rivet Software), will join them for a wine-paired dinner at Colt & Gray on a mutually convenient date in April. Patrick Quinlan, CEO of Rivet Software will also be joining for dinner.
· ANL Medical Management Package: The person or company who wins the ALN Medical Management Package will enjoy dinner with ALN Medical Management CIO (Eliot Payson), CEO (Tim Coan) and COO (Tim Griffin) at a premier Denver steak house of the winner’s choice. Opportunity to discuss expansion plans, business development opportunities, the physician practice transformation, health information exchange, clinical technology (Electronic Medical Records) and healthcare IT in general.
· Bill Barrett Corporation Package: The person or company who wins the Bill Barrett executive package will be invited to send up to three representatives to join Michael and Kim at the Kitchen Table Cooking School in Greenwood Village, where you can hone your culinary skills while getting to know each other. Then, a follow up business meeting will be scheduled with the appropriate people from Bill Barrett where the winning bidder will introduce their company, products and services.
· Business Controls, Steve Foster, President: The person or company who wins Steve will join Steve in a suite, donated by CIBER, for the Sunday, April 10, 2011 Avalanche game against the Edmonton Oilers. This package includes 15 seats for your company along with Steve’s specially invited guests that include: Kristin Russell, Colorado Secretary of Technology and State CIO, Governor’s Office of Information Technology; Todd Olson, CFO, Governor’s Office of Information Technology; Micki Nelson, CIO, MWH Global and other executives from CIBER.
· ClickBank, Greg Lems, CTO: The person or company who wins Greg will enjoy a dinner meeting at TAG Restaurant, Denver’s hip, continental social food venue in distinctive Larimer Square. This dinner will take place on a mutually agreed upon date and will expire at the end of 2011.
· Colorado Rockies Baseball Club, Bill Stephani, Director – Information Systems: The person or company who wins Bill will enjoy a “backstage” personally guided tour of Coors Field. In addition, the winning bidder may bring up to two additional guests for a Colorado Rockies game to be determined by mutual agreement.
· Denver Broncos, Russ Trainor, Executive IT Director: The person or company who wins Russ will enjoy a behind the scenes tour of Invesco Field @ Mile High on March 25, 2011 for 2 guests at 10:00 AM-11:00 AM. Lunch to follow at Colorado Hacienda (I25 and Colorado Blvd) from 11:00 AM – Noon.
· DigitalGlobe, Inc. Package: The person or company who wins the DigitalGlobe executive package will enjoy a round of golf at the Boulder Country Club with both John Oechsle, EVP, Strategy, Product & Marketing and Yancey Spruill, CFO, DigitalGlobe.
· Gambro Renal Products, Chris Doerr, VP Information Technology: The person or company who wins Chris will be invited to send one representative to join for 1/2 day skiing where the two of you can visit and get to know each other a bit.
· Integrated Asset Services, Jeffrey Knight, CIO: The person or company who wins Jeffrey will enjoy lunch for 4 at McCormick & Schmick’s in DTC and 1 additional hour to discuss services with the Technology Leadership Team.
· Janus Capital Group, Dave Landy, Chief Technology Officer: The person or company who wins Dave will attend a Colorado Rockies game with Dave Landy. Note that Dave is a big fan of MLB, particularly the Boston Red Sox! Date to be mutually determined to accommodate schedules.
· Kroenke Sports Enterprises, Rick Schoenhals, Executive Director, Information Technology: The person or company who wins Rick Schoenhals, Executive Director, Information Technology, Kroenke Sports Enterprises, will enjoy one hour of exclusive face-to-face future time with Rick. In addition to his meeting time, Rick is offering 4 tickets to a mutually agreeable regular season game for the current season of one of KSE’s sports teams (Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Mammoth, or Colorado Rapids).
· Kroll Factual Data, Russ Donnan, CIO: The person or company who wins Russ will enjoy a round of golf at Ptarmigan Country Club or Old Baldy Club.
· Lincoln Trust Co., Helen Cousins, EVP & CIO: The person or company who wins Helen will enjoy cocktails after work to allow ample time to get to know each other’s companies. Helen will invite 2 direct reports. In addition, the winner bidder will also have access to Helen’s 2 bedroom 2 bath condo (sleeps 4) at the PGA Resort in Palm Beach Gardens Florida for up to 5 contiguous nights. This is valid from May thru November 2011 based on availability. It will include an unaccompanied guest form to allow the winner to play on any of 5 championship courses at the Resort. (The winner will be responsible for greens fees.)
· Newmont Mining Corp., Rob Grant, Director of Global Infrastructure and Architecture: The person or company who wins Rob will enjoy a round of golf at Green Valley Ranch with both Rob and Shelly Barnes Sr. Director PMO, IT Services & Infrastructure of Newmont Mining.
· Pearson eCollege, John Vice, VP, Technology Operations: The person or company who wins John will be invited to send two representatives to a Colorado Avalanche game and dinner at the Blue Sky Grill. John will bring along another representative from Pearson eCollege who is appropriate to the business conversations.
· Pendum Package: The person or company who wins the Pendum Package (Kirby Slunaker, CIO and Jeff Gardner, COO), will enjoy lunch and a one hour meeting.
· Quark, Mark Lawler, VP, Information Technology: The person or company who wins Mark will enjoy dinner at a restaurant of choice, an afternoon of golf, or a half day of skiing.
· ReadyTalk, Dan Cunningham, CTO & Co-Founder: The person or company who wins Dan will enjoy club level seats to an Avalanche game and dinner at TAG in LoDo with Dan Cunningham and ReadyTalk CEO, Dan King.
· Regional Transportation District, Trent Ratcliff, IT Senior Manager/CIO: The person or company who wins Trent will enjoy lunch with Trent and either the CFO or Purchasing Director as well as a follow up lunch with Trent and a few members of his staff to discuss future IT and business needs planned for 2012-2016. Potential Bonus! A round of golf for 2 guests to join Trent and his wife at the Sanctuary, subject to availability and time.
· SquareTwo Financial, Bill Weeks, SVP & CIO: The person or company who wins Bill will enjoy a round of sporting clays (100 targets) with Bill at Kiowa Creek sporting club or other mutually agreed location like Colorado Clays, etc.
· Starz Entertainment Package: The person or company who wins the Starz Entertainment executive package will enjoy one hour of exclusive face-to-face future time with both Judy Batenburg (VP, IT Infrastructure) and Linda Gonzalez (Executive Director – IT Support). The winner will also win the complete first season DVD set (4 DVDS) of Spartacus Blood and Sandand, and 4 Long sleeve Starz shirts.
· The TriZetto Group, Alan Cullop, CIO & SVP: The person or company who wins Alan will enjoy lunch for up to 2 guests at Del Frisco’s.
· tw telecom, Harold Teets, CIO & SVP Information & Network Technologies: The person or company who wins Harold will enjoy lunch at Elway’s Restaurant located in the Cherry Creek.
· UDR, Inc., Cameron Etezadi, Senior Vice President – Chief Information Officer: The person or company who wins Cameron will enjoy one hour of a scenic airplane flight departing from Centennial Airport in a Cessna 182RG, followed (or preceded, for the brave folks) by lunch or supper at The Perfect Landing restaurant on-field.
· ViaWest, Nancy Phillips, Co-Founder, COO & Director: The person or company who wins Nancy will enjoy a round of golf at Lakewood Country Club with Nancy and Roy Dimoff, CEO and Chairman, ViaWest.
· Western Union, Wilson Davis, VP, Corporate Systems: The person or company who wins Wilson will enjoy dinner at Del Frisco’s in the Denver Tech Center with Wilson Davis and another colleague from Western Union. Winning bidder will have the opportunity to request who the additional colleague is that will be joining them for dinner. For example, head of network engineering, IT recruiting or web development.
· Zayo Networks, Glenn Russo, President: The person or company who wins Glenn Russo, President, Zayo Networks will enjoy dinner with Glenn at The Capital Grille in Downtown Denver.
Just Some of the Silent Auction Items:
· Nicon COOLPIX Digital Camera Package
· XBox 360 w/ Kinect
· Restaurant – Café on 3 at the Golden Casino in Black Hawk
· Discovery Flight in a new Cirrus SR22T
· Hot Air Balloon Adventure with 2-Night Hotel Stay for (2)
· Golf at Ridge Castle Pines for Two
· Ski – Two 1-Day Lift Tickets
· Whitewater Rafting 1/2 Day Adventure
· Zumba Fitness Group Classes
· Personal Training Package at Matrix Fitness – 3 sessions, complete with a fitness evaluation
· Matrix Fitness & Spa – 3 month Premiere membership
· Nuggets Tickets
· Colorado Avalanche- John-Michael Liles Autographed Hockey Stick
· Colorado Avalanche Team Autographed Hockey Stick
· Ed McCaffrey 8×10 plaque
· Elway/ Davis Deluxe 16×20 framed
· Lance Armstrong Photo Collage
· Mickey Mantle unsigned 16×20 Framed
· Packers Super Bowl piece with game used ball
· Rodgers Framed Jersey
· Sakic/Forsberg 16×20 Framed
· Tebow Helmet with case
· Todd Helton Rocky Mountain News Framed Photo
· Troy Tulowitzki Baseball w/ case
· Ubaldo Jimenez “No Hitter” 8×10 framed
· 2011 ESPY Awards Center Loge Tickets in Los Angeles with 3-Night Stay & Airfare for (2)
· 2011 Masters (Augusta, Georgia) Final Rounds with 3-Night Stay for (2)
· America’s Cup Stars & Stripes Experience in San Diego 4-Night Package for (2)
· Choose Your Favorite 2011 NASCAR Race with 2-Night Weekend Stay for (2)
· NASCAR Car Racing Experience with 4-Night Stay for (2)
· Costa Rica Luxury Resorts 5-Night Stay with Airfare for (2)
· Disney World Resort Family Adventure 4-Night Package with Airfare for (4)
· Kennedy Space Center Space Pass & Astronaut Training Experience with 4-Night Stay & Airfare for (2)
· Le Cordon Bleu Paris 5-Night Adventure with Airfare for (2)
· Machu Picchu in Orient-Express Luxury 7-Night Package with Airfare for (2)
· Napa Valley Wine Country Experience Features Chauffeur, Wine Train, Meritage Resort & Spa 3-Night Stay & Airfare for (2)
· New Orleans Jazz & Dining Package with Renaissance Pere Marquette 3-Night Stay & Airfare for (2)
· New York Amazing Long Weekend (3-Night) Package with Airfare for (2)
· The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas 3-Night Luxury Stay with CIRQUE DU SOLEIL VIP Tickets for (2)
· Elvis w/ Guitar 16×20 Framed
· Jimmy Buffet w/ Guitar 16×20 Framed
· Marilyn Monroe Red Dress 8×10 Deluxe Frame
March 10, 2011
5:30pm – 9:30pm
1701 Mile High Stadium Cir; Gate 7
Denver, CO 80204
At the Door
CSIA Premium Members
(Premium members only receive a total of 2 complimentary tickets; any additional tickets may be purchased at the member price)
Not yet a Member of CSIA? Contact Michelle Marek, 303-592-4079, for more information.